The Net Promoter Score (NPS) is computed as the difference between two sets of percentages (most commonly, the proportion of people to rate a brand as and 8 to 10 less the proportion to rate the brand as a 6 or less). It is computed as follows:
- In HOME > Data Selection > Show select the likelihood to recommend question.
- Confirm in DATA MANIPULATION > Structure that either Percentages or Percentages Grid is highlighted.
- Click DATA MANIPULATION > Data Values > Recode Values.
- Fill in the Value column as follows and press OK:
- Replace values 0 through 6 with -100.
- Replace values 7 and 8 with 0.
- Replace values 9 and 10 with 100.
- Click HOME > Data Selection > Statistics - Below and select Average.
- The table will now show the NPS.